Living Life to the Max

MelSy ~ | Making | Ecstatic | Lollipops | Satisfy | You |

Miscellaneous Monday, February 23, 2009

Okay. I watched the Academy Awards this morning. (one of the plus points for staying at home-I get to watch all these award shows live). It was alright. 

But one thing caught my attention. 

When the camera focused into Mickey Rourke's face when he was nominated for Best Actor in A Leading Role in The Wrestler, the camera also caught Robert Pattinson who was sitting a couple of seats behind Mickey. And here's the thing. I couldn't help wondering why Rob was so pale. 
Granted, Brits are suppose to be paler compared to Americans but seriously. Was it makeup or is he seriously that pale? And the added effect of the black shadows under his eyes. 
Wasn't just that. He was whats-the-word, glaring or staring from under his eyebrows. That sorta angry look that he gives when he was Edward Cullen. 
Is he really like that all the time or was he simply channeling too much of Edward Cullen?

So for those of you who missed it, 
Best Actor: Sean Penn in Milk (they probably wouldn't show this in M'sia because of the homosexuality elements)
Best Actress: Kate Winslet in The Reader
Best Movie: Slumdog Millionaire (seriously, I need to watch this. What is the big deal about this movie?)


~
And on to an angrier note:

YOU are a cynic. Just because the world is all gloom and doom for you does not mean that everything will turn out that way. Not everyone or everything will disappoint you the way you think it or they will. 
I am stuck in my house as it is. Like house arrest. 
So please, stop making it worse. 
Because believe it or not, I am trying. 

You on the other hand, can live in your own cynical little world. Without bringing me into it. 

And if you wanna call me whiney, you can just bugger the freaking hell off. 


~Mel


0 comments: